Monday, January 26, 2015

Crazy Healthy Raw Cashew Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough



Yes, another post in the "crazy healthy" series. This recipe was a happy accident, but aren't those the best? I was inspired to make these Flourless Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies, but something happened along the way and I didn't get past the dough stage.

I started with 2 handfuls of raw cashews and put them in the food processor for about 20 minutes (I gave my food processor little breaks so I wouldn't overwork it). While that was going on, I soaked 5 medjool dates in water for 30 minutes, and then blended them with 1/2 cup of water in the blender. I added 1 tsp vanilla, and 1/2 tsp salt and then added it all to the food processor and processed for another minute. Then I added 1/2 cup chocolate chips and pulsed a couple times. And then we went to town with our spoons....soooooo good. Trust me, it will truly be the best cookie dough you've ever tasted. Gluten free, grain free, and no added sugar. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment