Monday, December 29, 2014

Winter Salad




The holidays are a time of indulgence, and rightfully so. But, as soon as they're over, I find myself craving lighter fare. However, because it's still winter, I don't want to go too light. I want my salad to be warm in the tummy. I want my salad to give me a hug. 

Which brings me to the winter salad. It's the heavier version of its summer cousin. It's a salad wearing a few layers of long johns. 

Recipe

Mixed Greens
Grape Tomatoes
Blue Cheese
Bacon
Ditallini Pasta
Breaded, Baked, and Cubed Chicken

Toss everything together with some nice olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. (My family likes it without the vinegar - just olive oil and salt). Enjoy!

Linking up at Stone Gable Blog The Scoop

Linking up at Home Stories A to Z


No comments:

Post a Comment